Personal Information Collection by FireMud FM
FireMud FM provides platform to music artists and other stakeholders including listeners for various services related with creation , publishing & promotion of their creative work. The PI is collected when persons registering on the site voluntarily submits PI in order to register as a member of FireMud FM. A member or visitor on website may also provide PI while he participates in any contest , event etc . In addition, FireMud FM may collect additional non PI information including IP address, aggregate user data, and browser type. This information is used to effectively manage and improve services of FireMud FM and for security purposes.
FireMud FM members may also provide certain additional information regarding their date of birth, biography, interests , video , pictures, personal messages etc This information is provided completely on the discretion of the person registering with FireMud FM.
FireMud FM may also collect information for market research purposes to gain a better understanding of customers and thus provide more valuable service. FireMud FM also collects information regarding customer activities on the website, and on related websites. This helps to determine how best to provide useful information to customers and to understand which parts of the websites and Internet services are of most interest to them.
Third Party Advertising
Please note that FireMud FM cannot guarantee the security of Listener or Artist account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of member information at any time. Members are urged to also take precautions to protect their personal data by changing passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and using a secure web browser .
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
(1) to conform to legal requirements
(2) to enforce the FireMud FM Terms and Conditions or to protect our rights; or
(3) to protect the safety of members of the public and Users of the service. FireMud FM reserves the right to transfer personal information to a successor in interest that acquires rights to that information as a result of the sale of FireMud FM or substantially all of its assets to that successor in interest . There are also times when it may be advantageous for FireMud FM to make certain personal information about Users available to companies that FireMud FM has a strategic relationship with or that perform work for FireMud FM to provide products and services to members on our behalf. These companies are also obligated to protect personal information of Users in accordance with FireMud FM’s policies.
Privacy of Children
- The data being collected over FireMud FM or its entire network (Radio, Play, WP Shoutout, Blog and Events) is being collected by the portal itself through the Google Mail API to handle all mails that collects a data.
- The data being collected from the portal is
a. Name of User
b. Email Address
c. Purpose for contacting
d. How user has been a part of WordPress
e. Message from user
f. Phone Number
g. Skype Username
h. WordPress.org Username
i. Artist information such as Name, About, Song details, Year, Launch year and Photo
- The information mentioned is used just for the purpose to communicate and no data is being shared with any third party apart from the circumstances of the legal purposes
- The login via social platforms is being done in order to collect data of the user for the purpose of communication and get the identity of the user to prove the legitimacy of the account
- We may access, preserve and disclose information to investigate, prevent or take action in connection with: (i) legal process and legal requests; (ii) enforcement of the Terms (iii) claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; (iv) requests for customer service; (v) technical issues; (v) protecting the rights, property or personal safety of Oath, its users or the public; (vi) establishing or exercising our legal rights or defending against legal claims; or (vii) as otherwise required by law.
- Under the circumstances of raising a request or query related to the data, the user can connect via a contact from mentioned below
- Under the case of artists, the data is not being used to be exported externally but is being preserved in the google docs for the purpose of documentation.
- At no point is the artist’s music being sold without the artist’s consent and the purpose of the marketing, show broadcasting and collaborative purpose the consent of which is taken at the end of the form and over the mail.
- The data of Artist has been uploaded post the consent of the artist which is kept over FireMud’s server.